Friday, April 24, 2015

Out of town husband

Ben was in Arizona for work this week, leaving me without relief at the end of the day. What got me through was some Grandma distraction, an aunt and uncle to babysit while I had a concert, an encouraging e-mail from a MOPS friend, a play date, a shopping outing, one Skype call, and leaning on God. God's still shaping me, but I AM an awesome mom. And you know what, we not only survived, we had little special moments. Unfortunately all I have to show for it in pictures are these two of Abigail opening her baptism birthday gift. 
 She got Aladdin themed Squinkies to add to her collection and a Sophia painting book. This, also, helped keep Abigail and Lydia both busy and happy.
I don't know how single moms or moms whose husbands travel a lot do it. I do know being a mom is not easy no matter your situation, and it feels SO good to rest and relax in my husband's arms.

1 comment:

gma Jan said...

Glad to hear all went ok and Ben is safely home. And YES, you are a wonderful mom!!

HoCo 2026

Ready for mum Friday  Abby asked her friends to go to HoCo with her at lunch with signs. Sophie & Adley said yes, of course We took pics...